Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Congee Chicken Arroz Caldo

I really love this recipe especially  if it is raining. It will makes me feel warm and comfy every time i eat this so called congee or simply arroz caldo in Filipino. I remember the days when i was still a little kid, my mom always prepare me this recipe if i am not feeling well and it's really great to have a hot rice porridge if you are sick because you don't need to chew, you just have to shallow it. oh, well that's funny. By the way here is my simple way on how i cook my rice congee.






Ingredients:

1/2 kl chicken breast
1 Inch Ginger cut and mashed
3 Cloves Garlic diced
1 green onion sliced
1 Century egg
2 cups of long grain rice
1.5 liters of water
salt to taste

Procedure:
1. Cut the chicken about half inch long you can add the bones if you boil it but be sure to removed them once you serve it.
2. Wash the rice and bring to boil together with the chicken.
3. Once it's boiling you can add all the other ingredients except for the chopped onions.
4. When it begins to boil be sure to stir it constantly to avoid burning the rice porridge.
5. If it is already smooth and you notice that the rice has already cracked your congee is almost ready.
6. remove from heat then add the chopped onion leaves, mixed and cover for a minute.
7. Slice the century egg and garnish it on top of your arroz caldo.

You can use chicken broth cube also if you wish to make your recipe more tastier. But i prefer not to add one to avoid  mono sodium glutamate. Not good for the health.

2 comments:

  1. ugh.where my comment go? I clicked on preview and it erased it.. gah!

    Anyway, let's try again.. lol. so yes, recently I was craving for aroz caldo and mum used to make them, but now that I live alone, I made and ate it! so easy to make and yummy too!

    ReplyDelete